My name’s Kate Sutton & I came up with the Feel Good Fashion concept just before Christmas 2019. I thought I would take a moment to share what inspired me to get started & how it is key to what we do as a business:
1. I ❤️❤️❤️ getting new clothes, but after I tuned into Stacey Dooley's "Fashions Dirty Secrets" last Summer, I was horrified to see what the world of fashion is doing to our planet. In the documentary, Stacey sees for herself how toxic chemicals released by the garment industry pollute waterways that millions of people rely on. She witnesses the former Aral Sea, once one of the largest bodies of fresh water, now reduced almost entirely to dust due to cotton production. Watch it or research what was covered if you can and you'll be amazed for all the wrong reasons
2. I love to chat to my friends about what they are wearing, how nice things look on them......I was amazed to find out that many of their outfits were created from lovely pieces they had sought out at a charity shop, ebay etc. All preloved & I had no idea 😲. Needless to say, my winter wardrobe was built on a fraction of it's usual cost, yet was full of preloved, "just like new" purchases that I really should have discovered a very long time ago.
3. In Autumn 2019, I decided to challenge myself and do some volunteering on the reception at our local hospice. I met so many amazing people & I saw first hand how important fundraising is, as the government provides a small percentage of what they need to keep providing their incredible services
All of the above swirled around in my brain for a few weeks & then out popped my Feel Good Fashion concept! I came up with two ways to make a difference to people’s pockets, the environment & for charities...….
- Purchase preloved items via the website, online & from the FGF boutique based in Deal, Kent.
- Sell your preloved items via our take in facility (get in touch for more info on how this works & to find out if we are currently taking in items).
The FGF boutique opened in February 2020 at a storage & office facility in Deal.
The business has grown rapidly, even with a pandemic in full swing! We very quickly outgrew the storage facility, so we decided to open a shop in Deal Town. Come and find us at 40 Stanhope Road, Deal, CT14 6AD.
FGF has raised just short of £6000 for charity & many items of clothing have been saved from heading to landfill and now have new owners.
Thanks for reading about our journey so far & we look forward to seeing you soon!
Kate Sutton - Business Owner of Feel Good Fashion