Last year, over one third of the nation tried to be more sustainable over the festive period & this figure is set to grow as we become more & more aware of how we impact our planet with items we buy.
Here’s our top 5 ways to be more eco-conscious this Christmas……
- Buy local - Purchasing presents locally means you’ll be supporting small businesses, makers & suppliers, while minimising your carbon footprint.
- Gift an experience - Christmas presents don’t always have to take the form of physical gifts. Why not treat someone to a lovely afternoon tea, meal at a local restaurant or a fun day out somewhere!
- Buy ethically produced gifts - Here at Feel Good Fashion, we also stock Earth Candle Co & Wideye products as they are ethically produced, free from synthetic ingredients and ensure no harm is caused to humans, animals or the enviroment. Earth Candle plant a tree for every candle poured & we can provide a tree certificate so you can let the recipient know this too!
- Make your own - There is nothing nicer than a home-made gift, so why not have a stab at making your own home-baked treats (just don’t eat them all) or create something special that can take pride of place in their home?
- Choose preloved instead of new! From secret santas at work to the gifts under your tree, giving preloved is the perfect way to reduce waste & give beautiful things a second life. And of course when you purchase gifts from Feel Good Fashion, you can also tell the recipient that a percentage was donated to charity too. Keep a close eye on our website, as we have so many new arrivals landing every day that would make great gifts this year!
We do hope this has given you some inspiration to try a different route this year with your Christmas gifting & we’re always happy to help and advise on ideas when you pop into the shop or jump on the website chat!
Happy shopping/creating! 💚♻️